City Harvest food donor, Doughlicious, specialises in gluten-free cookie dough and cookie products, as well as its innovative ‘Doughchi’. Our neighbours in Park Royal are keen to make sure no doughlicious-ness goes to waste.
We recently caught up with Kathryn Bricken , Doughlicious founder, on how City Harvest is a sustainable solution for the west London-based cookie dough company.
“We know that with City Harvest, our surplus is in good hands. It feels good to know that our gluten-free products can be enjoyed by those with specific dietary requirements, which often create a barrier for those who can’t afford to eat.”
Kathryn Bricken testing cookie recipes at Doughlicious HQ, Park Royal.
Treat a loved one to this decadent cookie pizza this Valentine’s, topping it with whatever sweet treats you fancy! We love the idea of topping it with fresh fruit and nuts.
- 12 Doughlicious Vegan Double Chocolate Dough Balls
- A little flour, for rolling
For the topping:
About 5-6 tbsp of your favourite spreads (e.g. smooth peanut butter, chocolate and hazelnut and/or salted caramel and chocolate)
Selection of sweets and biscuits, broken/sliced into small pieces (e.g. oreos, pretzels, gummy bears, chocolate jazzies, M&Ms, sprinkles etc)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan) Gas 4. Grease and line an 8 in | 20 cm round tin with greaseproof paper.
- Tip the Vegan Double Chocolate Cookie Dough Balls into a large bowl. Bring together, using your hands, to form one large ball.
- Lightly dust a work surface and rolling pin with flour and roll out into a circle just larger than the tin. Trim to fit the tin.
- Carefully transfer into the base of the prepared tin, using the trimmings to press into the circle to create a flat cookie dough base (with no gaps). Prick with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until cooked (make sure it doesn’t burn). Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
- Carefully remove from the tin and peel off the greaseproof. Set onto a flat plate and mark out 6 equal-sized slices.
- Top each slice with your choice of spread – you can mix and match your favourites – and use the back of a spoon to spread in a smooth and even layer.
- Top with your choice of decorations we love mixing and matching for the perfect combination!
You can get creative with your toppings; fruit, nuts and marshmallows also work well.
Thank you, Doughlicious, for your incredible support.