A vegan rendition of the Korean classic by City Harvest food donor, OmniFoods
Get this delicious vegan recipe by City Harvest food donor, OmniFoods, using its plant-based mince product, OmniMince. Bibimbap is a Korean staple – make it vegan this Veganuary!
- OmniMince (Defrosted) 1 pack (230g)
- Steamed rice (400g)
- Spinach (washed, chopped) 1 bunch
- Carrot (shredded) 1 pc (61g)
- Zucchini (shredded) 1 pc (16g)
- Beansprouts 1/2 cup (31g)
- Shiitake mushroom (sliced) 4 pcs (76g)
- Roasted white sesame (as appropriate)
- Green onion (chopped)
- Oil (as appropriate)
- Vegan soy sauce 1 tsp (5ml)
- Sugar 1 tsp (5g)
- Sesame oil 1 tsp (5ml)
- Gochujang paste 1 tbsp (15g)
- Rice vinegar 2 tsps (10ml)
- Vegan soy sauce 2 tbsps (30ml)
- Minced garlic 1 clove (3g)
- Sugar 3 tsps (15g)
- Sesame oil 2 tsps (10ml)
- Sauté the spinach, shredded carrots, zucchinis and sliced shitake mushrooms separately, set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and blanch bean sprouts for 1 minute.
- Marinade OmniMince, vegan soy sauce and sesame oil for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok and stir-fry OmniMince until cooked, set aside.
- Add Gochujang paste, rice vinegar, vegan soy sauce, minced garlic, sugar and sesame oil into a bowl. Give it a stir to make the Bibimbap sauce.
- Add the steamed rice in the middle of the bowl and in a circular direction, add the sautéed vegetables all around the bowl. Lastly, add the delicious Omni Plant-Based Mince in the top of rice.
- Drizzle the spicy Bibimbap sauce and sprinkle some roasted sesame and spring onions, enjoy!
About City Harvest
City Harvest London is a food redistribution charity on a mission to rescue food, people, and the planet. It rescues food at risk of waste, and delivers it, for free, to 375+ charity recipients across London, feeding communities in need.
City Harvest works with food companies across the UK food industry, helping to divert quality surplus from various stages of the food supply chain, and getting it to those most in need. From farms, to wholesalers, to supermarkets, City Harvest is a hassle-free solution to surplus.